1. Your holiday contract
The following booking conditions govern all bookings made with PH Travel Ltd t/a GetAFlight whose registered address is 68 George Lane, South Woodford London E18 1LW
When making a booking you guarantee that you have the authority to accept and do accept on behalf of your party the terms of these booking conditions. A contract will exist as soon as we issue our confirmation invoice. This contract is made on the terms of these booking conditions, which are governed by English Law, and the jurisdiction of the English Courts.
2. Your financial protection
When you buy an ATOL protected air holiday package/or flights from GetAFlight.com you will receive a Confirmation Invoice from us confirming your arrangements and your protection under our Air Travel Organizer’s License number 10336.In the unlikely event of our insolvency, the CAA will ensure that you are not stranded abroad and will arrange to refund any money you have paid to us for an advance booking. For further information, visit the ATOL website at www.atol.org.uk The price of our air holiday packages includes the amount of £2.50 per person as part of the ATOL Protection Contribution (APC) we pay to the CAA. This charge is included in our advertised prices.
3. Your Holiday Price
- Our website is not a live booking engine and therefore, we reserve the right to alter the prices of any of the holidays shown on our website. It is updated regularly to show the best prices subject to availability. When we receive your request, you will be contacted by one of our sales representatives who will discuss the holiday request and confirm costs based on live availability. Quotations are only valid for the duration of the call and can only be guaranteed once the holiday is confirmed.
- When you make your booking you must pay a non refundable deposit. If a deposit airfare is available, this will be £100 per person. If it is an instant purchase airfare whereby airline tickets must be issued at the time of booking, you will be asked to pay the amount to cover this portion of your holiday which again is non refundable. This will be advised at the time of booking and costs confirmed. The balance of payment for your travel arrangements must be paid at least ten weeks before your departure date. In certain circumstances you may be asked to pay the balance earlier, due to our commitment to suppliers. Once this early payment has been made it becomes non-refundable, overriding our standard cancellation policy. If the deposit and/or balance is not paid in time, we shall cancel your travel arrangements. No reminders are sent as it is the client’s obligation to note the due date and contact us accordingly. If the balance is not paid in time we shall retain your deposit. The price of your travel arrangements was calculated using the foreign currency exchange rates in effect at the time of your booking.
- Changes in [transportation costs, including the cost of fuel] [dues, taxes or fees chargeable for services such as landing taxes or embarkation or disembarkation fees at ports and airports] and [exchange rates] mean that the price of your travel arrangements may change after you have booked. However, there will be no change within 30 days of your departure. We will absorb and you will not be charged for any increase equivalent to 2% of the price of your travel arrangements, if this means that you have to pay an increase of more than 10% of the price of your travel arrangements, you will have the option of accepting a change to another holiday if we are able to offer one (we will refund any price difference if the alternative is of a lower value), or cancelling and receiving a full refund of all monies paid, except for any amendment charges. Should you decide to cancel you must do so within 14 days from the date on your final invoice. Should the price of your holiday go down due to the changes mentioned above, by more than 2% of your holiday cost, then any refund due will be paid to you. However, please note that travel arrangements are not always purchased in local currency and some apparent changes have no impact on the price of your travel due to contractual and other protection in place.
4. If You Wish To Change Your Booking
If, after our confirmation invoice has been issued, you wish to change your travel arrangements in any way, for example your chosen departure date or accommodation, we will do our utmost to make these changes but it may not always be possible. Any request for changes to be made must be in writing from the person who made the booking. You will be asked to pay an administration charge and any further cost we incur in making this alteration. If, by changing your booking, there is an increase in the cost we will ask for a further deposit to cover this amount. You should be aware that these costs could increase the closer to the departure date that changes are made and you should contact us as soon as possible. Note: Certain travel arrangements (e.g. instant purchase tickets) may not be changeable after a reservation has been made and any alteration request could incur a cancellation charge of up to 100% of that part of the arrangements.
5. If You Cancel Your Holiday
If you cancel your holiday once ticket issued no refund.
You, or any member of your party, may cancel your travel arrangements at any time. Written notification from the person who made the booking must be received to confirm this cancellation. Since we incur costs in cancelling your travel arrangements, you will have to pay cancellation charges as follows:
|Period Before Departure In Which You Notify Us
|More than 70 days
|More than 57 days
||50% of holiday cost
|More than 42 days
||75% of holiday cost
|Less than 42 days
||100% of holiday cost
|No refund if the ticket is issued
Note: If the reason for your cancellation is covered under the terms of your insurance policy, you may be able to reclaim these charges.
6. If We Change or Cancel Your Holiday
If we make a major change to your holiday, we will inform you as soon as reasonably possible if there is time before your departure. You will have the choice of either accepting the change of arrangements, accepting an offer of alternative travel arrangements of comparable standard from us if available (we will refund any price difference if the alternative is of a lower value and will ask you to pay the increase in cost if the arrangements are of a higher standard than booked), or cancelling your holiday and receiving a full refund of all monies paid. In some cases we will also pay compensation (see below). These options don’t apply for minor changes. Examples of minor changes include alteration of your outward/return flights by less than 12 hours, changes to aircraft type, change of accommodation to another of the same standard or higher standard, changes to airline carrier
We will not cancel your travel arrangements less than two weeks before your departure date, except for reasons of force majeure or failure by you to pay the final balance. If your holiday is cancelled you can either have a refund of all monies paid or accept an offer of alternative travel arrangements of comparable standard from us, if available (we will refund any price difference if the alternative is of a lower value and will ask you to pay the increase in cost if the arrangements are of a higher standard than booked). In some cases, we will pay compensation (see below).
If we cancel or make a major change we will pay compensation as detailed below except where the major change or cancellation arises due to reasons of force majeure. The compensation that we offer does not exclude you from claiming more if you are entitled to do so.
If We Cancel Or Make A Major Change To Your Holiday:
|Period before departure
||Amount you will receive from us per person
|More than 70 days
|More than 57 days
|More than 42 days
|Less than 42 days
Force Majeure: We will not pay you compensation if we have to cancel or change your travel arrangements in any way because of unusual or unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control. These can include, for example, war, riot, industrial dispute, terrorist activity and its consequences, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions, epidemics and pandemics, unavoidable technical problems with transport.
7. If You Have A Complaint
If you have a problem during your holiday, please inform the relevant supplier - your hotelier and local representative immediately who will endeavour to put things right. You can also contact us here in the UK and we will try to resolve any issued on your behalf. If your complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction locally, please follow this up within 28 days of your return home by writing to our Customer Services Department at the address on your confirmation invoice, giving your booking reference and all other relevant information. Please keep your letter concise and to the point. It is imperative that you communicate any complaint to the supplier of the services and keep records of any personal dealing with this whilst in resort. If you fail to follow this simple procedure we will have been deprived of the opportunity to investigate and rectify your complaint whilst you were in resort and this may affect your rights under this contract. Please also see clause 3 above on ABTA.
8. Our Liability to You
If the contract we have with you is not performed or is improperly performed by us or our suppliers we will pay you appropriate compensation if this has affected the enjoyment of your travel arrangements. However we will not be liable where any failure in the performance of the contract is due to: you; or a third party unconnected with the provision of the travel arrangements and where the failure is unforeseeable or unavoidable; or unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had been exercised; or an event which we or our suppliers, even with all due care, could not foresee or forestall. Our liability, except in cases involving death, injury or illness, shall be limited to a maximum of the total cost of your travel arrangements. Our liability will also be limited in accordance with and/or in an identical manner to:
- The contractual terms of the companies that provide the transportation for your travel arrangements. These terms are incorporated into this contract.
- Any relevant international convention, for example the Montreal Convention in respect of travel by air, and the Paris Convention in respect of the provision of accommodation, which limit the amount of compensation that you can claim for death, injury, delay to passengers and loss, damage and delay to luggage. We are to be regarded as having all benefit of any limitation of compensation contained in these or any conventions.
Under EU law (Regulation 261/2004) you have rights in some circumstances to refunds and/or compensation from your airline in cases of denied boarding, cancellation or delay to flights. Full details will be publicised at EU airports and available from airlines. However reimbursement in such cases will not automatically entitle you to a refund of your holiday cost from us. Your right to a refund and/or compensation from us is set out in clause 7. If any payments to you are due from us, any payment made to you by the airline will be deducted.
NB this clause does not apply to any separate contracts that you may enter into for excursions or activities whilst on holiday.
9. Passport, Visa and Immigration Requirements
Your specific passport and visa requirements, and other immigration requirements are your responsibility and you should confirm these with the relevant Embassies and/or Consulates. We do not accept any responsibility if you cannot travel because you have not complied with any passport, visa or immigration requirements.
10. Flight Details
Any amendments that we may make to the flight details, such as change in carrier, departure time and airport of departure would be considered as a minor change and would not be subject to any compensation or allow you to cancel reservations. The exception to this would be if the timings changed by more than 12 hours.
11. Credit Card Charges
Where payments are made by any credit card we will impose a service charge of 2% of the amount due. In the case of American Express, this would rise to 3%. These rates may change from time to time and you will be advised of the current rate by our consultants at time of payment. Where refunds are made the amount would not include a refund of the service charge.
12. Connecting Flights
Where domestic or international internal flights are booked, either by ourselves or by the client directly with the airline, we are unable to accept liability for any change in flight time by the carrier that would affect your onward or return travel arrangements. Where we have made reservations for domestic or internal scheduled flights payment must be made at the time of booking and is non refundable. This would be in addition to our standard deposit.
Our website is our responsibility, as your tour operator. It is not run on behalf of, and does not commit the airlines mentioned herein or any airline whose services are used in the course of your travel arrangements. Please note that in accordance with Air Navigation Orders in order to qualify for infant status, a child must be less than 2 years of age on the date of its return flight.
13. Financial Protection
When you buy an ATOL protected flight or flight inclusive holiday from us you will receive an ATOL Certificate. This lists what is financially protected, where you can get information on what this means for you and who to contact if things go wrong
We, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL Certificate, will provide you with the
services listed on the ATOL Certificate (or a suitable alternative). In some cases,
where neither we nor the supplier are able to do so for reasons of insolvency, an
alternative ATOL holder may provide you with the services you have bought or a
suitable alternative (at no extra cost to you). You agree to accept that in those
circumstances the alternative ATOL holder will perform those obligations and you
agree to pay any money outstanding to be paid by you under your contract to that
alternative ATOL holder. However, you also agree that in some cases it will not be
possible to appoint an alternative ATOL holder, in which case you will be entitled to
make a claim under the ATOL scheme (or your credit card issuer where applicable).
If we, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL certificate, are unable to provide
the services listed (or a suitable alternative, through an alternative ATOL holder or
otherwise) for reasons of insolvency, the Trustees of the Air Travel Trust may
make a payment to (or confer a benefit on) you under the ATOL scheme. You
agree that in return for such a payment or benefit you assign absolutely to those
Trustees any claims which you have or may have arising out of or relating to the
non-provision of the services, including any claim against us, the travel agent (or
your credit card issuer where applicable). You also agree that any such claims may
be re-assigned to another body, if that other body has paid sums you have claimed
under the ATOL scheme.
14. Website Content
We make every effort to ensure the accuracy of our website and that the pricing is correct. All details relating to hotels and facilities provided are updated regularly but as we rely on this information from our suppliers, it is not always possible to show fully up to date information and therefore recommend clients check on the individual hotel website for any further information. This also applies to any resort fees that may be charged locally by your accommodation and cannot be collected by ourselves prior to your departure.